Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Forest Hills Report – First Round


MightyMirza, an Asian tennis junkie, yesterday had his first day in Forest Hills. Here’s his report:

Well this was my first day of oncourt tennis for any tournament!! And it was amazzinngggg..

Well when I reached the court, Domachowska was up 40 0 I think..It was 3 MPs apparently(I figured it out later) But Shaughnessy played out of her mind and I think also help by Dfs by Marta..I was amazed how hard and flat both ladies were hitting the ball. Shaughnessy serve motion is one of the wierdest I have seen. She doesnt have enough shoulder rotation and all but it somehow magically works!! Meanwhile I figured out I was sitting next to Benesova and for some reason she was watching this match while listening to her I pod. I got her pics too..Then Sania passed by the court accompanied by Lena Vesnina..They two were gonna practice together ..Sania looks soo much better and cuter in person..

Anyways when it was medical timeout for Domachowska, I left the court to take some pics of Sania and Elena..And took plenty of them. On a nearby court, Safarova and Benesova started practicing!! Safarova is soo beautiful.. With amazing eyes and was looking real nice in a red dress.. Anyways Sania and Vesnina were having a lot of fun while practicing.. Always talking and joking.. But Sania was catching tape of net a lot of times and was very frustrated at times..Man..She's got a temper!! She handles it well though..Anyways I am sure she used the F word a few times.. Her forehand was FLATTT and the FH drives were so hard at times . Plus that wrist action on her BH is just simply amazing too..Vesnina has got a good serve and really nice movement and she looks amazing..Anyways at the end everyone left and I managed to get a Pic with Sania and her sign as well..And I said "I hope you win this tourni" and she said"well, let me win a match first " She was visibly irritated by her performance in Montreal I think..She just caught tape of net all the time in that match I think..Anyways I wished her luck for the open and she said thanks and we left..

Also on my way back to stadium, saw Lucie and Benesova packing up..And I said Hey lucie can I have your picture and she was soo sweet and was happy and said sure..So I had pic of both her and Iveta..Meanwhile Camerin was kicking ass of Loit..Loit was all with slice and no pace shots and Camerin was just pounding the ball..I dunno if Loit ever held in that match but she broke 3 times I think in 2nd set..But the match finished quickly..

Then yeah, there was someone beautiful outside warming up I dint know who and then someone told me it was Bremond and I went and had a pic with her.. She's so lovely..Her match with Arvidsson was awesome..Bremond has a hell of a serve..And has a very good kick on that 2nd..She was really into the match and was Allezing quite often and screamed soo hard when she lost her serve at 3 3 or 4 4 or something like that and broke right back..It was a good match with good defense and offense from both players and Bremond mixing it up on her BH and pounding that forehand!!

Anyways gosh!! I wrote soo much just now can't believe!! Hope you guys enjoy it..Will post some pics and some vids later..

No comments:

Terza di Copertina.

"Cementi di Gloria" è l'opera prima di Paolo Ricaldi, aka Mr. Pemulis, che nell'estate 2007 ha girato in lungo e largo i tornei di preparazione agli Us Open - il c.d. minicircuito chiamato Us Open Series - è tornato sano e salvo, anche se un po' intossicato di Tennis, e ci ha raccontato quanto visto, sentito e percepito nel Nuovo Mondo.
In questo reportage, che è un viaggio picaresco nel nordamerica, intorno al "vuoto" dello showbiz, l'autore alterna con grande potenza espressiva cronache sportive esilaranti, pagine di letteratura minimalista, storie surreali, incubi metropolitani abitati da personaggi dai nomi improbabili e aneddoti irresistibili; e lo fa utilizzando una vasta gamma di registri, che vanno dal comico al noir. Ne risulta un inno sghembo al tennis e alla vita in generale, che fa' di Ricaldi, la "next big thing" del panorama letterario mediterraneo.