Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Deea’s doodles from Bucharest (part 1)


Proud to present one of my fav buddy, Deea from Bucharest, a smart girl who followed BCR Open Romania 2006 with great interest and posted the following doodles:
Small report - we watched the match between Tecau and Ungur. Unfortunately, we were cheering for Horia and he lost in 3 pretty tight sets. It was an ok match for Horia, but Ungur's forehand was very, very good today... after that we watched a bit some of the players practicing...Horna, Volandri and Christophe Rochus! We went back to Central court and watched the match between Craciun of Romania and Naso of Italy. Our country-man lost in straight sets. And to end the day on a high note we stumbled upon a very, very cute Italian coach and took pics with him.
Day 2 at the BCR open 2006
First thing we saw today was the practice of Moya and Montanes. They were both hitting the ball very well, but I must say that Montanes really impressed me. He has such powerful shots. Well, at least today in practice he had. I hope he gets far in the draw. I will cheer for him, of course! His first match is against G. Garcia Lopez. He also seems a very nice guy. He took pics with a lot of girls after his practice. And when I say a lot of girls, I mean a lot!!! After that we went on central court and watched the match between Ungur and Azzaro. Our Romanian won in 3 sets! Awesome forehand and good dropshots!
After that we saw a bit Zabaleta and Monaco practicing. Zabaleta is such a nice guy. Always joking and smiling. I took a pic with him, of course!! I really liked his four leaf clover tattoo!
We went back to central court and watched the match between Italian Fabio Fognini (a.k.a SuperFabio) and our country man, Victor Stanica. Our boy won, to the sorrow of dear Sandee! After that we watched an all-Italian battle between Naso and Vagnozzi! Vagnozzi is the guy with the really cute coach! And he won! 6-1 6-1! That’s one good coach, right?? (He’s the guy from the last pic)
Back to the practice courts where we saw PHM practicing with Volandri. But we couldn't take good pics of Paulo because he was too far. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. This was Volandri's second practice session of the day. He also practiced in the morning with Luis Horna!
That's about it...oh, one last thing...I saw the last points of the last match on Central Court between Florin Mergea and M.Mertinak. Mergea lost 1-6 3-6.
Hello everyone!!!
I'm kind of busy right now, so I don't have enough time to post a long report on my day but here goes a short one!
First thing I did yesterday was getting a pic with Andrei Pavel! He is such a nice guy! I'll cheer for him today in his singles match. I saw the match between Pico Monaco and Gilles Simon yesterday. It was a pretty good match. Gilles was really funny, always getting mad and cursing in French when he lost a point...okay, when he lost a stupid point. But eventually he won in straight sets. After that match I went and saw a couple of games from Paulo/Ch.Rochus match against the Italians Volandri/Di Mauro. Paulo and Christophe totally kicked ass! Oh and Paulo is sooooo cute after that I watched the first set between Montanes and GG Lopez. Albert won the first set quite easily but lost the following two...so bye-bye mini-Raul Yeah, that's how we were calling him. Back to central court where I watched a bit of the match between V.Ionita and RR Hidalgo. Ionita lost in straight sets. There was a funny thing about him too. He is Romanian but instead of yelling HAIDE in our language he was yelling Come on!!! That was so We were making jokes, saying that maybe he's yelling in english so that his opponent doesn't think he's cursing him or something!!!!
During the night session we watched and cheered really loud (and I mean REALLY LOUD ) for our favourite doubles team Pavel/Tecau vs Horna/Garcia. Unfortunately our boys lost in straight sets. And I totally disliked Horna's conduct on court. He was being an asshole!
After this match everybody left even though there was still one match to be played. The double Monaco/Zabaleta vs Waske/another german guy I don't remember right now. So we decided to stay. It was so funny! The stadium was practically empty. And we were yelling Vamos Mariano! Vamos Pico!!! Unfortunately I couldn't stay until it ended because it was getting really late. I got home at around 11 pm and my parents were totally That means less tennis for me today! Damn it! I have to go at 5:30 and I'm gonna miss Dmitry! I hope I'll see him in practice though!
I have time to post only one pic (gotta hurry to the tournament, don't wanna miss Vagnozzi vs Volandri or better said the cute coach ) Me and Andrei Pavel!!!
I said I'll post a small report but looking at it now I realize it's not as short as I thought it will be!
Today I couldn't stay very long at the tournament, but the time I spent there was very well spent. I first saw the match between Vagnozzi and Volandri! It was interesting. Volandri won in 3 sets. I was really sorry for Vagnozzi...well, actually more sorry that I wasn't going to see his cute coach anymore! But he took one set from Volandri, so that must be something. After this match was over, I went on central court where I watched the last 2 sets of the match between Crivoi and Massa. My country-man played very well (good dropshots and voleys ) and won in 3 sets to the sheer delight of our home crowd! After that we hurried to get something to eat before one of the most important matches of the day...Moya vs Horna. It lasted 3 hours and it was quite a battle of nerves between the two. Moya won 6-7 7-6 7-5. It was a perfect clay match...long rallies, wonderful dropshots and clever voleys. One rally was so long that my neck started aching from turning from one side to the other! Carlos will now meet dear Andrei Pavel on Thursday! the crowd was basically rooting for him in this match, but I don't think there's any doubt on who they'll be cheering next match, right? Unfortuanatelly I had to leave after this match but tomorrow I will stay longer. Good news come from Alekutza: Dima won his match against Waske, and that means I'll see him too! Thank God! When the girls told me I missed him at practice I was so furious but now I'm okay

No comments:

Terza di Copertina.

"Cementi di Gloria" è l'opera prima di Paolo Ricaldi, aka Mr. Pemulis, che nell'estate 2007 ha girato in lungo e largo i tornei di preparazione agli Us Open - il c.d. minicircuito chiamato Us Open Series - è tornato sano e salvo, anche se un po' intossicato di Tennis, e ci ha raccontato quanto visto, sentito e percepito nel Nuovo Mondo.
In questo reportage, che è un viaggio picaresco nel nordamerica, intorno al "vuoto" dello showbiz, l'autore alterna con grande potenza espressiva cronache sportive esilaranti, pagine di letteratura minimalista, storie surreali, incubi metropolitani abitati da personaggi dai nomi improbabili e aneddoti irresistibili; e lo fa utilizzando una vasta gamma di registri, che vanno dal comico al noir. Ne risulta un inno sghembo al tennis e alla vita in generale, che fa' di Ricaldi, la "next big thing" del panorama letterario mediterraneo.